Tuesday 1 November 2011

La Bricole est retournée! (sort of...)

Repairs continue, but at least our little forum is back and running. And with all the posts, data and photos intact, from what I've seen so far!

I'm not impressed with Forumer to say the least. four weeks (at least) is a hell of a long time to be down to switch servers, and why they didn't test it ahead of time beats me.   I've been badgering their users forum regularly while it was down, but bar a few posts by admin staff the silence was deafening.   Still, better late than never.

The only casualty has been the appearance, which has reverted to the standard style setting.  But this is no real problem, and I can fix that later this week.

Anyhow, La Bricole is functioning again, so... feel free to contribute!

EDIT: some problems persist with settings, so if you are getting the message "this board has no forums", it's bollocks- they are there!   It's a permissions issue that is proving irritatingly difficult to fix, and I've reported it to Forumer.



4 comments:

john de terre neuve said...

Wow, I was about to delete it from my book marks, just in time.

John

Achilles said...

vive la bricole!

Iannick said...

Yeah but...It seems I cannot post at the moment. I can login, but it does not allow me to see the boards...;-(

Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Forumer needs bigger hamsters...

Robert said...

Or just a creative suggestion for where they can put those hamsters...